Sunday, June 27, 2010

12W3D

I stole this survey from MrsBro(thanks MrsBro).


The weekly survey

How far along? 12 weeks and 3 days

Total weight gain/loss: I lost 13lbs during the first 12 weeks. When I saw my midwife on thursday I had gained 2lbs of it back.

How big is baby? Via 3D Pregnancy:

Size: 2 1/2 inches
Weight: 1/2 ounce

Baby's face is looking more human as his eyes have moved to the front of his head and his ears are in place. Hooray! Other amazing fetal highlights this week:

Your baby is able to swallow this week and practices on the amniotic fluid he or she floats in. (And you thought baby food was kind of nasty!) And in case you're wondering how your kid can breathe in all that fluid, here's your answer: Fetuses get oxygen from the blood pumped into their bodies by the placenta and don't breathe with their lungs. Mystery solved!

This is kind of gross, albeit fascinating, so feel free to skip ahead: Your baby's intestines are well under way, but they aren't all where you'd expect them to be. Instead of all being locked away in the body cavity, some are dangling on the outside, in the umbilical cord. Ewwww.

Don't forget to put a baby nail file on your registry—your little nugget's finger- and toenails are forming this week. The chin and nose are also becoming more defined.

Junior has doubled in size over the past two weeks and now weighs almost ½ ounce. He's also now around 2 ½ inches long, about the length of your pinky finger or a Vienna sausage, which, in a few months, will be indistinguishable from one another.


Maternity clothes? No, however my shorts are starting to get very uncomfortable. By the end of the day I usually unbutton them. I don't know why I don't just put pj's on but I don't.

Sleep: I get some. I usually try to be in bed by 10ish. I wake up once to pee usually around 3am

Best moment this week: Getting to hear the babe's heartbeat! 160 beats/minute. It was a lovely sound.

Movement: Not yet

Food cravings: I'm loving any and all fruit lately which isn't very different from any other time. Watermelon makes me feel better though it seems. I ate a half of one by myself the other night and peed forever.

Gender: I'm leaning towards girl and so is Nathan. My sister thinks its a boy.


Labor Signs: None

Belly Button in or out? In

Stretchmarks? ::heavy sigh:: ::eye roll:: I had those before I was pregnant

How are you feeling? For the most part fabulous. I feel gross if I don't eat for extended amounts of time. I am really tired by the end of the day. As long as I take a nap I am fine.

What I am looking forward to: Getting a baby bump!

What I miss: I miss not needing to use the bathroom multiple times per hour. I feel like I'm a slave to my kidneys.

Weekly Wisdom: Don't be afraid to ask for extra help especially if your tired. Nathan has been more than helpful. And he does so with a smile on his face:) I love him!

Milestones: I'm 12 weeks pregnant!

1 comment:

imavera said...

I had no idea- congratulations!!!